Re: [OM] 90mm f/2 Paired comparison and quality compact champions- long.

Subject: Re: [OM] 90mm f/2 Paired comparison and quality compact champions- long........
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 14:22:27 EST
<< Yes, according to Pop photo report, the Contax G series lenses are
 excellent, but the bodies are not. With the 90mm lens you will have problem
 on focusing. I have some friends who already give up using the 90mm on G2.

<<... but I don't need a 90mm lens with F4 aperture, it can't
 provide the out-of-focus effect I wanted for portrait. That is the main use
 I expected for a medium tele lens, but anyway I prefer the SLR for full
 control of framing, focusing and DOF effect preview.

 C.H.Ling

Yes C.H. The 90mm f4 is not what I would ever choose for portrait.  The 90mm
f2 or one of the Canon 85 f 1.2's would be awesome.  Zuiko's 90mm f2 or 100mm
f2 must be great.  I definately can see where the 350/2.8 or 250 f/2 would
also work fantastic.
I have shot quit a bit with the 90mm f2.8 Contax G and it takes some
practice.  Alot of people just give up and there may have been some flaws on
some cameras but it is a super lens.  It would be better if a manual lens,
ofcourse, f2.
The G2 bodies are very smooth and fast and built as well as any camera I have
handled.
I enjoyed your portrait shots last week as well -Great Job!

J0hn R