Re: [OM] (Fwd) where can I find 350-f/2.8?

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) where can I find 350-f/2.8?
From: ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:53:53 +0100

Ricardo,
welcome on the list.
I use my OMs also for astrophotography (unfortunately not as many as I
would). I also would like to have a 350/2.8 to play with, but I can't
afford it... a couple of years ago I bought an used 300/4.5 in a very good
condition, and even I didn't shot many astrophotos with it, the ones I took
look very good, due surely to the fact that this lens has a very good
performance also wide open (that is the f-stop we use to shot to the sky!).
Where to buy an used one? Even here in Italy there are some, but for you is
probably better to buy for some store in the States: I personally bought an
used lens from Woodmere Camera (www.woodcam.com) with good result, and I
know, from what other people said, that also Keh (www.keh.com) has a good
reputation (and many items). And off course there is eBay...

Ralf Loi