Re: [OM] OM-1: Official Camera of Goodwill Stores?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1: Official Camera of Goodwill Stores?
From: Mike and Suzie <tiptop@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 00:21:44 -0500
Rick has stated:

>I got a working Vivitar P & S for $5 from a "Value Village".  That's
about as
>good as it gets in thrift stores.

    I can credit my introduction to OMs to the local Goodwill.  No, it
wasn't an OM-1 or even the OMG I currently have.  It was a pristine
Vivitar 135 2.8 w/case for $7.00.  The woman at the checkout never
touched it, commented that it was "cute"  and handed me my change.  I
think she thought it was a purse of some sort.  Anyway, there I was -
quite proud of myself-  with lens in hand in search of a body, which
lead to the Olympus web ring, then the esif, then ebay.......

Many thanks to this group.  A great source for gems of information
concerning our cameras.

Mike Luks