Re: [OM] WTB: rewind assembly for OM-4 (crank & arm)

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB: rewind assembly for OM-4 (crank & arm)
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 13:18:18 -0600
It's probably not the shaft itself that's bent, but the collar that
holds the shaft.  If so, you've got two alternatives: replace the
collar, or bend it back.

If you try to bend it back, note that the mode selector switch is around
the rewind collar -- that's a ceramic plate, which can break, but
rarely.  Extend the rewind shaft and tap smartly on the knob in the
opposite direction of the impact that bent it in the first place.
That's usually in toward the prism, so you might want to lay a stick
across the shoe, resting it against the rewind knob to tap it away from
the prism (to avoid hitting the top cover accidentally).