Re: [OM] Options for Screw-mount lenses on OM bodies

Subject: Re: [OM] Options for Screw-mount lenses on OM bodies
From: "John Cwiklinski" <johncw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:58:20 -0800
Skip Williams wrote:

>Someone has asked me if they can mount a 42mm screw-mount lens on an OM
body.  I don't know of an option.  Does anyone know of a way to make this
happen?

There is a screw mount (lens side - Pentax) to an OM mount (body side)
available, similar to a T-mount. They are hard to find. I have one (not
for sale) for a 300mm F4.5 I own. Works quite well. I've also come across
some screw mount lenses where the individual has tried (forced) to make a
T-mount fit onto a screw mount. Not a pretty sight.
________________
John Cwiklinski

Please respond to olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by:        owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:     olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
Subject:        [OM] Options for Screw-mount lenses on OM bodies

Someone has asked me if they can mount a 42mm screw-mount lens on an OM
body.  I don't know of an option.  Does anyone know of a way to make this
happen?

Also, are there any other options for mounting non-Olympus mount lenses on
an OM body?

I'm assuming that auto-diaphragm would be non-functional in most cases,
but
am I wrong?

Skip