Re: [OM] (Partly OT) British Prices [was more BIN musings]

Subject: Re: [OM] (Partly OT) British Prices [was more BIN musings]
From: "Scott Nelson" <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:01:44 -0500
Right on, George! When I read that description of how market prices allegedly
are reached, my respect for the European educational system fell precipitously.
Let's see, the sellers set their prices according to what the market will bear,
but somehow that's too high (in England) and "if only" someone (!)  had the
cojones to step in this situation would be corrected. What's this, the
argumentum ad leprechaunum? In countries with lower VAT, sellers set their
prices lower "in order to be in line with the market?" I had no idea the cost
of goods sold was dependant on the excise tax rate. Sounds like the result of
WAY too much Guinness over St Patrick's Day.

<< If you mean to say the rest of the world (U.K. included) pays higher prices
to   offset the "lower" U.S. prices, your'e nuts!>>