Re: [OM] [OT] Manfrotto 055

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Manfrotto 055
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 20:55:07 -0700
At 08:28 PM 3/18/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>Ok, perhaps this is a touch off-topic.  I'm trying to find out a little more
>about a Manfrotto 055 tripod. That's the sum total of what I know, but one
>of the packages I bought includes one. Is it a decent tripod?  I have no
>idea what head is on it, or even if it is interchangeable.  Just trying to
>get an idea of what I bought!

Awesome tripod.  Strong, relatively lightweight, sturdy.  I've owned a 055 for
15 years, and I've never regretted the purchase for a minute.  Takes about, oh,
two or three hundred different Manfrotto heads and accessories, too, and you
can get a really nice carry-case for them with an over-the-shoulder sling.  Has
clever adjustments which allow the legs to "splay" out until they're almost
parallel to the ground, then lock for ground-level (macro)photography.  Centre
column also reverses, so you can mount a camera upside-down and get the lens
right at ground level.

I love mine.

Garth