Re: [OM] re: OM2 SP reliability

Subject: Re: [OM] re: OM2 SP reliability
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 22:40:51 +0000
Just got back from DeKalb, IL, and shot my aunt's 75th B'Day party (a large 3-hour affair, like a miniature wedding reception). Since my OM-4 is currently in the hands of John H. getting a needed CLA, I had to use another body. The OM-2S would have been the second choice had it not been loaded up with K-64. Used Portra 400 NC the OM-1n, my third body of choice for things like this.

The celebrating didn't stop at the reception. The extended family migrated to their nearby home and activities continued through this morning . . . complete with a google of young children running amuck. There, the OM-2S was used for quite a few extended family candids with K-64 (for slide shows of extended family activities.) No problem using the 2S. As a primary backup to the OM-4 I'm not worried at all about its reliability, and it's a backup to the OM-4 only because I happen to have an OM-4. In these situations I typically use the 4 or 2S on TTL-Auto with T-32(s) and operation of either in this mode is identical.

-- John