[OM] FS The good, the bad and the ugly. Also Information.

Subject: [OM] FS The good, the bad and the ugly. Also Information.
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 11:27:55 EST
I know there is a site associated with this list for buying and selling OM
equipment.  Would someone please send me the address for the buying/selling
list.  Thanks.

I have for sale or trade a Black bodied OM 2 MD that I would describe as the
good, the bad and the ugly.  This camera has apparently spent most of its
life in a camera case as evidenced by a near perfect back film reminder and
base plate.  The brassing is on the area where the strap attaches.  The meter
appears to be dead on center.  I have a test roll I shot to determine the
accuracy of the meter. Itseems to work great with all shutter speeds.  I can
email those prints to anyone who is interested (assuming I can figure out how
to send the files).  The bad is that sometime in its life this camera has
been dropped and because of the way it looks it was probably in the case when
it happened as the marks are really more of a compression mark rather than a
big dent with paint missing.  There are two, one on the corner near the
battery opening and one on the corby the film rewind (more like a dimple).
Neither affect how the camera opperates nor are they really that ugly, but on
close insoection you will notice them.  There is essentially no brassing
except for by the lugs.  The black motor drive cap is there.  You can see a
tiny bit of foam at the bottom of the prism when you are looking through the
eyepiece.  Although I successfully ran a roll of film through the camera and
it is nice and clean, if I were keeping it, I would probably have it CLA'd
and have the foam replaced.  Now for the ugly.  The black nosed 50mm f 1.4
with a near pristine exterior looks like a boy scout troop went camping on
the inside of it.  Yes there is a fungus among us.  This is the lens that I
took my test roll with and the pictures came out OK, in spite of the inside
of this lens being really uuuuuugly.  The Olympus lens cap is a little maimed
in that is doesn't stay on real well.  I want $115 for the camera and I will
pay the shipping and insurance.  I will give you a full refund in 7 days if
you return the camera to me at your expense in the condition you received it.
 Should you not feel I was accurate in my description I will even pay the
return shipping/insurance.  What would I want in trade.  I'm  specifically
interested in two items : an Olympus hood for the 35mm f2 and a MC black
nosed 50mm f1.4.  I have a mint SC 50 f1.4 and am looking for a MC in the
same condition.  I could be intersted in other Olympus items although the
lens hood is fairly high of my list currently. Bill Barber