[OM] Linear Polarizer and OM2s

Subject: [OM] Linear Polarizer and OM2s
From: Norma Foltz <nfoltz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 19:42:15 -0800
Joel,

I use Linear polarizers all the time with my OM2(S) on Auto and Program.

Because the 2S uses a half silvered mirror the Spot/Manual Meter can be
thrown way off.   You'll get the correct exposure on either Auto or
Program
but your while meter reading will  be wrong.  This is because
 the exposure is determined Off The Film (OTF) so the shutter closes
when
the right amount of light has been determined electronically.

-- Hank Hogan http://flzhgn.home.mindspring.com/indexc.htm