[OM] Flash cord connection plug on a 4T

Subject: [OM] Flash cord connection plug on a 4T
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 08:24:23 -0800
The flash cord connection plug on my OM4T body seems to have a loose
connection. I have to jiggle the male end of the cord so as to fire an
external strobe. The male end of the cord works just fine with other
cameras so I've concluded that the plug on my 4T needs tweaking or
replacing.

Is the tweaking / replacement of the plug and any electrical parts in
the camera body something which can be done by any competent service
shop or am I looking at a serious repair job at an Olympus service
depot?

jh