Re: Re: [OM] 8mm 2.8 on ebay

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] 8mm 2.8 on ebay
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:42:39 -0600
I actually agree.  It would be cool to have, but my snipe isn't going to win
it.  I don't even use the 16 as much as I should/could.

Tom

I'll bet the seller is Matt BenDaniel <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.  I think that
the all-sky astrophoto is his at the bottom of the ad.

He may have deduced, as I did, that the lens is just too expensive and too
specialized to keep $1000+ tied up.  I liked mine, but I didn't have an
overwhelming need to keep it.  The spherical VR work that I intended for it
can be accomplished with the 16/3.5 Zuiko just as well. You just need more
images from the 16mm to accomplish the same image coverage as with the 8mm.

Skip