[OM] Calling on the list to help with new project

Subject: [OM] Calling on the list to help with new project
From: "Francois Rossi" <f.rossi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:10:19 -0000
You remember I wrote to the list asking if anyone had a manual for any model
of the Chrome Six. As the list is pretty active and full of good will,
getting no reply must mean that nobody has such a rare beast.

In the meantime, I starting checking the web for pages dedicated to the
Chrome Six in the hope someone would have put a manual in PDF format. There
again, no joy as the only sites given by various search engines are 3
Japanese users pages with little content apart from photos taken with a
Chrome Six and 1 page by yeti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (list member?) with the two
beautiful pictures used on Hans's site but very little else. Sending emails
to all these people, two of them replied and they are currently
investigating getting a copy of a manual in Japan.

Then, I made a break through as I managed to contact the right person at
Olympus Japan (who kindly asked not to pass his name and email for fear of
being deluged with requests) who will kindly send me a copy of the manual
for the Chrome Six V, the only one they have left. Once I have this in my
possession, I will create a PDF that can be retrieved by anyone who wants
it.

This leads to my current call for help.

Since there is no real page dedicated to the Chrome Six, I may as well start
the ball rolling and make one since I will put a PDF manual for download
somewhere. It may as well be integrated in a nice and informative page about
the Six. I had another Olympus project but this one seems more useful to our
community.

So, to all members out there, I will gladly received any 'donation' in the
form of photocopies, text information, pictures, scans... to do with any
model of the Chrome Six. My mailbox can take the strain so don't hesitate to
send big attachments.

Thanks,

Francois Rossi