Re: [OM] BIN $199 OM-2S

Subject: Re: [OM] BIN $199 OM-2S
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 00:32:54 +0000 (UTC)
Hey Tom,

On Sat, 10 Mar 2001, Tom Scales wrote:

> Hey, cheap shot <g>.

Yeah, it's late here, and I've been busy all day building/acquireing
facilities for the latest excuse for using the Zuik's (and maybe finally
finding a reason for buying that 90/2.0 macro...): bonsai's. While they do
not sound like hard work compared to *real* gardening with *real* trees
(you know, those big green ones, that do well as background for the kids
in photos?), building special tables, shopping for better illumination
(those damm trees are more picky than Kodakchromes when it comes to color
temperature) and other such tasks have exhausted my creativity...so I have
to take every cheap shot I can get ;)

So what's the reccomended setting for actually photographing these
baby-trees? While we've had some for a while, I'd like to - now we're
getting more seriously interrested and involved - doccument their
development more detailed (from current state - or "raw", untamed tree,
over wickedly shaped with restrainers and wires to a cute lil'
bonsai). Please, someone, say that the only way is the 90/2.0.....;)

> I happen to know for a fact that some of your fellow
> Europeans have OM collections that put mine to shame.

I guess that wouldn't be here, I am afraid ;( My collection is really
small...I have a surprising number of camera bodies (and
50/1.8's) compared to the number of lenses I own...hmmm....I guess that
brings up question no. 2: how does a 90/2.0 compare as a "normal tele" to
e.g. the 100/2.8 or 85/2.0 ?

> I don't even own any
> exotics any more.  No 350/2.8, no 40/2.  Didn't even put a bid in on the
> 250/2

Wow....Anyways, congrats to Garth on his new toy. I trust he will pass it
around among the list-members such that we all get a chance to approve og
his purchase... ;)

(and no, I had no bids there either. I find myself not getting too much
into "focal length". 200/4.0 has been enough for me thus far....)

> (OK, it's calling out to me, but I have something else way to
> expensive I want to buy).

I trust we get to hear about that at some point? In any case, good luck
with whatever it may be ;)

> I'm actually down to a fairly modest collection and getting smaller every
> week.

You know, now that your collection is reduced, I am willing to offer
overseas OM-storage facilities for free....;)

Just don't reduce it to zero, ok? Would hate to loose you around here...

--thomas

> Tom
>
> Tom, you can't be serious? You mean that there *are* people out there with
> OM-gear, that you haven't traded with yet? ;))
>
> *gasp* - I gotta go lie down for a moment... ;))
>

> --
> Mange hilsner / Sincerely

Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen