RE: [OM] camera shops in southeast (TN, NC, SC)?

Subject: RE: [OM] camera shops in southeast (TN, NC, SC)?
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 08:56:09 -0800
P.J.

Charleston SC is a VERY photogenic city. Head downtown into the old part of
the city, find some place to park and then stroll. You'll find gorgeous
antebellum homes and wonderful gardens. There's also the College of
Charleston right downtown (also very old... oldest city college in the US, I
believe), as well as the Market. I lived in Charleston two different times
(once while a student at C of C and once while in the service) and wouldn't
mind living there again. Should be especially beautiful if you're going in
the next couple of months, since lots of the gardens should be coming in to
bloom.

I'd make sure to carry at least one moderately long lens, also, as most of
the homes and gardens are set "short side" to the street on narrow, deep
lots. You might need a longer lens to be able to get good shots of some
things where you can't walk nearer. That said, I'd also bring a wide angle
to be able to get some good pictures of some of the architecture from those
narrow lots.

---
Scott Gomez