Re: [OM] Sekonic 308 B II Light/Flash Meter

Subject: Re: [OM] Sekonic 308 B II Light/Flash Meter
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 15:54:29 +0000 (UTC)
Titoy,

I recently (well....about a year ago) was shopping for
light/flash-meters, triggered by the purchase of some not-to-be-mentioned-
on-this-list photographic gear ;)

I spent quite some time evaluating different options, and ended out buying
the above meter for the following reasons:

        - it's small - fits in a shirt pocket
        - it operates easilly in one hand
        - it's small
        - it does flash-metering
        - it's small
        - it doesn't eat batteries for lunch
        - it is small
        - it does almost all the things I need from a light/flash meter
        - did I mention, that it is small?

The only "flaw" about this meter is the lack of spot-feature. However,
while I love the build-in spot functionalities of OM2s/p and 4 (now,
suddenly, this post is on topic *grin*), I most often use the Sekonic
308 B II for measuring incident light and do not really feel the lack of
spot-capability as a drawback.

I use it quite a lot, and its low form-factor does that I carry it around
almost always. I'd say that the small form-factor is the really big win of
this meter. I use it both when taking the not-to-be-spoken-of-on-this-list
gear, and when taking the OM's (2nd. time mention - now we're more on
topic than the "origins of DOS" mails ever were *rotfl*).

I haven't used the flash-capabilities much, but they seem to be doing
OK. Experimenting with that is on the never ending todo-list (ahh...
retirement, I can hardly wait..).

I bought my meter new about one year ago, so I cannot comment on issues
regarding how well such a meter ages. However I've been using it a lot in
the past year, and it has been remarkably accurate and easy to use. I
would probably buy the same again, should I ever loose/break this one.

Best regards

--thomas

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Clemente Colayco wrote:

> I would welcome comments on the performance of the above item offered for
> sale on Ebay.
>
> Thanks
>
> Titoy

Mange hilsner / Sincerely