Re: [OM] Can Oly AF Lenses be used on OM 1,2,3,4 etc.? Performance??

Subject: Re: [OM] Can Oly AF Lenses be used on OM 1,2,3,4 etc.? Performance??
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 01:41:33 EST
litefoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I notice that the autofocus Zuiko lenses sell at much lower prices.
>  Can they be used on our OM series cameras? (OM 1,2, 3, 4 etc)
>  Will they perform as well as the manual focus lenses?

They won't physically fit because the electronic aperture connections hit
parts of the OM lens mount and body. All of the AF lenses I have can be
focused manually if the screw drive is disconnected with the lens off the
body.  The real problem is that there is no aperture control, as it is
electronic on the OM-77. Tis a real pity because we would get 2 lens that
aren't available in the regular OM mount, i.e. the 70-210 zoom, which by most
accounts is a very high quality zoom and the 28-85 zoom.

There is also a 50/2.8 macro lens--perhaps it was made by Sigma--I have no
idea. I think the 28/2.8, 24/2.8 and 35-70/3.5-4.5 zoom were the same formula
as the rest of the Zuikos.

Warren