Re: [OM] FS: 135mm/f4.5 Macro

Subject: Re: [OM] FS: 135mm/f4.5 Macro
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 21:11:30 -0800
<< Lastly, Gary you surprised me.  I kind of figured you would be a
stickler for perfect glass. >>

Photography is a rush when the right brain kicks in and you end up
flying around shooting fast and furious, like in the last minutes of a
sunset. At moments like that you are at a disadvantage if left brain is
saying: "nick that lens and it's a $100 depreciation."  So the sooner
you nick them, the sooner you'll feel freedom.

I'm quite tempted to use some red, yellow and green highlighting markers
to color code the aperture rings. A grade apertures get green
highlighting, B gets yellow and C gets red. Then you'll know in a flash
what the potential enlarge ability of your image can be. No kicking into
left brain mode to remember what you saw in the lens test charts.  The
color can probably be easily removed with citrus cleaner, if the need
comes to sell the lens. The name of the game to fast shooting is
instinctive handling of your OM camera, which we all have learned after
years of shooting. Color coding would probably fit right in.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV