Re: [OM] Mystery 38mm 2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Mystery 38mm 2.8
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 19:27:17 -0800 (PST)
  It is a 1/2 frame enlarging lens with std. 39mm
leica thread mount. I have had one for 25 years and
still use it occasionally when I print 1/2 frame negs,
mine must be an early one with s#101000, it will also
work OK with full frame negs if you stop down to f11.
It is an F. ZUIKO, 6 element with a permenent stop
visible in the lens. This has always made me wonder if
this was orignally the standard 38mm 1.8 lens for the
Pen F system that was remounted as an EL lens. Wadda
ya think.    John Robison