Re: [OT] DOS history, was: [OM] Unknown Wide Zoom Oly Mount

Subject: Re: [OT] DOS history, was: [OM] Unknown Wide Zoom Oly Mount
From: lgriffin@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 14:51:43 -0800
Tim,
        Your getting a little deeper than I've been. I was just a poor CP/M
hacker. I wasn't aware that there was an API spec for CP/M. Any program written
for CP/M would run on any machine running running CP/M. All the drivers were
installed in CP/M by the machines mfg.. It was rumored that the CP/M copyright
was still in the original version of DOS 1.1. I seem to remember seeing it been
maybe it was just the Assembler copy right left behind.
        Right on about IBM pricing out Concurrent CP/M. The difference was one
was on the shelf the other had to be ordered and was 4 times the cost. In the
end IBM did it to themselves. ;-)

Regards,
Larry