Re: [OM] the shaft (was 250/f 2 on ebay)

Subject: Re: [OM] the shaft (was 250/f 2 on ebay)
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:06:35 -0700
> i don't have the same luck i guess.  i purchased a lens through a list
> member which turned out to be not quite as described.

[Snip!]

> i e-mailed the broker w/ no response
> and had to eat the cost for a item that was assured as "like new" and
> "hardly ever used".
>
> true that it is buyer beware, but i thought maybe there was some decency
in
> the list....

There IS decency in this list...  ALOT of it!  But, that DOESN'T mean this
list isn't immune to having not-so-decent members, too.  Without going into
detail, or naming names, I've had a couple of not-so-pleasant experiences
buying from and selling to list members.  But I've also had some wonderful
experiences, too!

Let's just say that list membership does NOT impart sainthood, and that one
should also exercise caution/prudence when selling to a list member for the
first time.

Sorry you had a problem.  Hope your other transactions (both on and off
list) go better.

Regards,

Chris