[OM] testing shutter speeds-revisited

Subject: [OM] testing shutter speeds-revisited
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 05:00:10 EST
First of all, apologies to the list for bringing this up again.
In any case, after reading the archives I'm fairly confident I'm not
qualified to build a contraption capable of measuring shutter speeds (at
least not without _very_ specific directions).  Is anybody willing to loan me
a 'tool' that will check shutter speeds, curtain sync, etc?
Also, what's the easiest/best way to check meter accuracy (reliably)?

TIA,
--p.j.