Re: [OM] AOne.net or OzeMail users take note

Subject: Re: [OM] AOne.net or OzeMail users take note
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 19:56:05 -0600
On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 07:48:49PM -0600, Tom Scales wrote:
> I just looked at the properties of the mail that has the Snow white virus.
> It looks to be originating from someone that uses Aone as their ISP in
> Australia.  Could also be Ozemail (they're the same company now).
> Could any of our Australian friends please run a virus check?

This is worth doing...but it may not be the problem. If the email address of
this list appears anywhere on any web page visited by someone who's been
infected with the virus, the list will get a copy. The good news is that the
virus itself appears to be filtered by the list processor; perhaps it can be
instructed to drop any message with the haha.sexyfun.net address in it on
the floor as well... Of course, setting the list to not allow postings from
nonsubscribers would restrict the problem to listmembers.