Re: [OM] Repairs

Subject: Re: [OM] Repairs
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 08:21:58 -0000
Sam asks
> Failing that does anyone know any good/enthusiastic/reliable Oly
repairers
> in UK? STILL having trouble with my OM1 intermittently failing to
fire the
> flash.

Where are you? I've taken stuff to Luton Camera Repair in Bristol and
been pleased with the service. They are Oly-approved, which means the
work will be guaranteed. The downside is that it will be at Oly
prices, which seem to reflect the transatlantic exchange rate in
reverse - pick the number of dollars, turn it into the same number of
pounds and then add fifty percent!

They would probably want to do a CLA which would run to about 60+ quid
if memory serves. But that price probably includes conversion to take
1.5 volt batteries, and you will have a beautiful body afterwards. Or
your camera will, anyway.

John