Re: [OM] It's 7.0!! Alive here in Olympia

Subject: Re: [OM] It's 7.0!! Alive here in Olympia
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:05:20 -0800 (PST)
--- Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi all...I live right across from the state capitol
> in Olympia.  I can't see
> a crack from here but the roads are a mess and I
> will go over soon.  It was a
> VERY hard series of "snaps" and jerks-no jello here.
>  Lasted atleast 60
> seconds -WOW!!
> OM content-the 350mm f2.8 was snuggly safe in its
> case : )
> Neighbors had broken glass and a chimney across the
> street is in the yard.
> John Raymond
> Olympia, WA

  Glad to hear everthing is OK. I was taking a coffee
break when WHOMP.... WHOMP-WHOMP-WHOMP....lesser
whomp. I had grabbed for the XA2 that lives in my
shirt pocket but half way through the middle series of
whomps the lights went out, drat!!! I did get a couple
of shots of our crew gathered in the parking lot but
thats about all. I did take a couple of snaps of the
4th Ave bridge as i went home but with a 35mm lens the
image scale will be quite small, I'll bring the OM
tomorrow.   John Robison