[OM] Re: Now it's back down to 6.8

Subject: [OM] Re: Now it's back down to 6.8
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:54:15 -0800
I guess it kinda overwhelms the local U of W seismograph so is hard to
determine the strength until remote stations check in from around the
world.

I was listening to the radio from Seattle when the announcer reported
the building shaking violently. The quake hit here about 15-20 seconds
later and with much less force, just rattled the dishes. Sounded like a
train rumbling by. Since I'm 70mi north of Seatle this tells me that the
epicenter must be south of Seattle a ways. I guess that this explains
why John Raymond got shook up down in Olympia. Up north here and in
Vancouver it was pretty minor.

Mike
and still waiting for the big one