Re: [OM] [OT] Photo of sonic boom

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Photo of sonic boom
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:52:54 -0800
At 12:49 PM 2/23/01, you wrote:
>Greetings, all.  I'm w-a-y behind in reading the archived digests but
>thought this photo might interest the aviation buffs, physicists and those
>of a similar bent among us.  I'm none of those and it wowed me.
>
>http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap010221.html
>
>Lex

Hi Lex,

Have actually seen and read about this one. The photog is the head of the
carrier's photo recon unit. He was using a N*k*n N90 with a 80 - 300 zoom
at 300. Full manual focus, exposure etc as he said " the camera couldn't
keep up". He had been trying for this shot for some time. Oh, just to be
technoid he shot 1/100th at 5.6 and says he hit the shutter as the a/c boomed.
Barry H