[OM] OM 3

Subject: [OM] OM 3
From: Peter Dixon <P.Dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:02:23 +0000
Hi all

Just back from 2 weeks in the desert (western and eastern) in eygpt. Won't bore you all with the details but if you've never been to the desert in the middle east, you should...

My main OM has been a beaten-up 4Ti; moved up from a 4 9 months ago. This with a selection of fav primes was my main camera. However I also took an om-3 which I got hold of recently at a users price, not a collectors price.

I love it!!! The om-3 is awesome!! It is a joy to use, and the sound of the shutter....

Best moment was when on of our drivers was taking a group shot at the end of some rock-art survey work in the eastern desert . He was given just about everyones camera for the picture, including loads of plastic wonderbricks. When he picked up the OM 3, two words "great camera".

Okay, I know the om3 is way overpriced sometimes on the used market, and many people who own them lock em up wrapped in cotton wool. If thats you, get it out and start shooting!!!!

I know this was a long time ago, but when we voted for our fav body and lens, I voted for the 4ti. I have to reconsider, the 3 is great.

Cheers

Pete

Dr. Peter Dixon
Neurogenetics Unit, Department of Clinical Neurology
6th Floor, Institute of Neurology
Queen Square
London WC1N 3BG
Tel: 0207 837 3611 xtn 4305