Re: [OM] [OT] Another goodie

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Another goodie
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 19:53:03 -0800 (PST)
Roger Key wrote:
I hope so! I did not think that the 135/2.8 was that popular. I
recently bought one in really good condition for $60 - I am very happy
with it.
>Since B&H no longer lists this lens or any 135mm Zuiko, does that
>mean it is discontinued and now is a collector's item?

>Winsor
I believe the initial popularity of 135mm lenses was due to this being
the longest FL available for some cameras, especially interchangeable
lens rangefinders. It fell from grace, later, when longer teles came on
the market (including tele-zooms), and photogs developed a preference
for shorter teles for portrait work (mainly in the 80mm-100mm range).
The 135mm was of 'intermediate' length that was considered either too
long or too short in most situations. It was no longer fashionable!
However, the Zuijo 135mm lenses are considered to be excellent. There's
nothing wrong with 135mm if it does what you need it to do!

Regards,

=====
Ray