(Fwd) Re: [OM] Birthday OM Responses - Thanks

Subject: (Fwd) Re: [OM] Birthday OM Responses - Thanks
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 00:08:19 +0000

Date:  Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:24:55 GMT
From: Simon Evans <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] Birthday OM Responses - Thanks

Garth Wood wrote:

>>Compassion seems to be the norm. In fact, if any particular list I join seems
>>cold, I usually uns*ubscribe after a short while.
>
>That would be the reason why I uns*bscribed from the 'pure-silver' mailing
>list.

I did the same. It's a great subject, but the minute details of technique
(often discussed at great length), Barry Thornton's self-promotion, and too
much opinion dressed up as fact put me off. Shame really, as there are some
highly respected contributors such as Les McLean, Tim Rudman and Richard
Knoppow.

Simon E.