[OM] Oly comments in the media

Subject: [OM] Oly comments in the media
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:14:00 -0000
There is a newish magazine in the UK called "Outdoor Photography". A
bit stodgy for my taste, but they feature nice nature and landscape
photos. It is now into part 2 of a fairly informative series about
macro work, by Paul Harcourt-Davies. He generally uses N*k*n kit.

In the current issue he talks about lighting for macro, and use of
flash, and makes the comment "A macroflash you can trust is a huge
boon". Later he says:

"Without doubt, the Olympus OM system had by far the best designs for
a close-up and macro system, with wonderful lenses and flash units,
and then seemed to lose faith in it. I owned a complete Olympus macro
kit but sold it when the OM2 bodies kept failing. I regretted it
bitterly and slowly have accumulated some of their macro objectives to
work in the home studio."

Oh well, isn't there a comment in the Bible about "It is better that
one sinner repent, than..." (something else, sorry, my addled memory
doesn't go back that far). Perhaps we should give Tom Scales his phone
number!

John