RE: [OM] Items Along the Way

Subject: RE: [OM] Items Along the Way
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:31:37 -0500
Stopped in Columbus Camera today on the way to Cleveland.  There was the
same 35/2.0 they have had since 4/99.  Aperture ring turns rather hard, but
I know the lens has been cleaned and works well.  Price on it was $179.
When I was looking at it, Eric asked me what I wanted to pay for it.  I
stated $50 and he put it back on the shelf and said he wanted to keep it.
Wouldn't talk to me any more about it and almost kicked me out of the store
again.

Later, when he had gone to lunch, I asked John how much he would sell the
lens for and he stated that to this group, he would sell it for $70.  If
you're interested, ASK FOR JOHN!

Nothing else OM-wise in Columbus Camera.

Then on to Midwest Photo.  I had some assignments there: find a good (the
best 75-150 in the store) and a MD2.
MD2 had just been sold...  But, there is a Control Grip, in box($145)there
as well as a Charger for same.

I looked over the 75-150's and found one that looked excellent!  Oddly
enough, it was the one that was priced at $99.  The other 3 priced at $139
also looked good. Foam in top of case looks tired, but lens is super.  Abdi
says for this group, $85.  The other 75-150's all looked good, I'd be happy
with any of them.  The one priced at $99 was just a tad better.  Actually,
all the lenses would be $85, so...

While I was looking at the rest of the OM stock, Abdi got a phone call that
a friend of his had just died.  He was pretty shaken by it.  Anyone
communicating with the store might just want to mention something to Abdi.
He was crying for quite a long time.

Then (gosh this is awful after what just preceded), I was looking around
some more and saw a dusty T10 flash and controller.  Abdi came back and saw
me looking at the T10.  He asked me if I had ever seen one before and I
replied that I had not.  He stated he couldn't find a listing for one
anywhere and didn't know how to price it.  He asked me what I wanted to pay
for it, just like Eric did.  I stated I wanted to pay $30 and Abdi said I
could have it!  I just floated out of the store....
'Course I was sorta weighed down by the background stand I had just
purchased for $40 and the T10 and controller.

Then, on to Cleveland and Foto Center.
Mark has the following in stock:
1. MD1 and Pistol Grip Battery Pack.  contacts clean and all in very good
shape.  Price $225
2. 50/3.5 MC Macro in case.  Looks about perfect.  Price $225
3. 75-150.  Better condition than the one I set aside at Midwest Photo!
Price $85
4. Brown Case for OM.  Has a few rub marks, but overall, good shape.  Price
$10
5. 310 flash and connector cord. Looks to be in good shape. Contacts clean.
Price $45
6. OM-2 with 50/1.4. Excellent condition.   Price $195
7. (2) Tamron 90/2.5 Macro lens Adaptall 2.  One with hood. Both like new
condition.  Both $250

Foto Center has a website now, I haven't looked yet.  It is:
www.fotocenter.com
Email is:
foto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Brian P. Huber