Re: [OM] Film AGFA Scala 200

Subject: Re: [OM] Film AGFA Scala 200
From: "Robert Gannon Gries" <rggriesphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 16:49:26 -0600

oooh!  you might think me to be an agfa salesman, but I'm not!  actually i don't use any other agfa product save for their black/white slide film.  a really nice film for capturing those images in perfect tones and shading.  the unique thing about this film is that it can be pushed/pulled from 100 ASA to 1600 ASA (200 standard speed).  it does get quite grainy and contrasty at the 1600 speed, but maybe that's what you are after.

the only draw back is for impatient people like me: the processing must be sent off to one of three labs (in the U.S.) and takes upwards of a week to return.  other than that i would say that this has recently been my most used film save for all the lovely Provia F....

hope this helps!  also, buy from B+H since their prices are half of what i have usually been getting in Chicago and Texas.