[OM] 75-150 comment

Subject: [OM] 75-150 comment
From: Kelton Rhoads <krho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 20:22:18 -0800
>  The 75-150 Zuiko is not
>push-pull, but I am unsure if the upgrade is warranted.  Anyone face the
>same decision before or can comment on the lens?  It is for an OM-1(n).
>
>Thanks for reading!!!

My two bits on the 75-150: it's a handy lens, a workhorse rather than a
showboat, by today's standards built with waaaay too many elements (it
was an early zoom) but it was the lens that got the most use back in high
school days as a yearbook photographer. Great for photos of single people
or small groups. Back in the 70s it was a slow lens (because we used to
shoot 64 Kodachrome) but I don't think it'd be so terribly slow any more,
esp if you'd upgrade to a 2-series screen. I think it's an ideal portrait
lens. I have not replaced my 75-150 yet but I plan to do so when I can
find a good specimen. Personally, I prefer a ring to a push-pull zoom.
The focal length doesn't change when you tip the camera up or down!
--Kelton