Re: [OM] reflex lens advice needed

Subject: Re: [OM] reflex lens advice needed
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:10:27 -0600 (CST)
I have a Tokina 500/8. It's a nice tele when weight and size are a
concern. I get better results with my Tokina 300/2.8 and a 2x, but
that's a lot of weight to lug. I throw the 500 in for trips when I
don't think I'll need a long tele, but I want to cover my bases.

BB

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:42:26 +0100, Hans van Veluwen wrote:

>: I am trying to decide between:
>:
>: 1. Zuiko 500mm reflex f8
>: 2. Sigma 600mm f8
>: 3. Sigma 500mm f7.2 APO
>
>You should also consider the Tokina 500/8. This lens is even smaller and
>lighter
>as the Zuiko and focuses much closer. Also a lot cheaper and good value for
>money. The Sigma 600/8 is considerably larger but a fine lens too. The Zuiko
>offers best image quality but has its price.
>

>hnz

-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co/Bean Farms                http://www.beancotton.com