Re: [OM] PC cord *POPS* off of OM-2

Subject: Re: [OM] PC cord *POPS* off of OM-2
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:34:16 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

> Does anyone have a fix for this amazing shortcoming?  I used a PC coiled
> cord for the first time last year on my OM-2.  I held the T20 over my head
> like a wedding pro but the rig failed and failed and failed.  The cord kept
> springing off the PC socket.  Boing!  I thought of securing the PC cord with
> an ugly water hose clamp but the angle of the prism would make it slide
> right off.  Frankly, I'm stumped.

Why not do what the Olympus TTL cords do, put a little S shaped hook on the
cord and hook it through the neck strap ring?  That way the eyelet on the
body will take all the strain and not the PC connector.  You could probably
even use a nylon tie wrap, but you'd have to cut it off when you're done.
                                        -mark