Re: [OM] [OT] Windows ME (WAS: Anybody using Photoshop 5 LE with Win 200

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Windows ME (WAS: Anybody using Photoshop 5 LE with Win 2000?)
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:00:08 EST
In a message dated 2/12/01 5:36:53 AM Pacific Standard Time, omtech@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

> Everyone I've spoken too and everything I've read said that ME was way too
>  buggy.  PC World recently ran a list of software that won't work with it.
>  Both my computers now have 98 on them and we rarely have any problems.

I've been having a heck of a time getting my scanner properly configured.  I
can do it manually, but every reboot, I get "Unrecognized device detected"
blah, blah,....  Epson's suggestions didn't work.  I asked a tech if I should
move up from W98 to ME to cure my USB problem, and he said, no, that ME is
even worse with USB support than W98.  I'm about ready to ask for my money
back from Epson, but I feel the REAL problem is MS, not Epson.

Rich