[OM] FS: Lenses

Subject: [OM] FS: Lenses
From: dtlocke <dtlocke@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 13:35:35 -0600
Here's the details on what I'm selling to thin out my Oly lens collection.  I
also would consider trades as noted later in this message.
Note I take pains to describe all the defects in these lenses and inspect them
with a flashlight.  I have taken good pictures with all
these lenses.  I'm offering a 7-day no questions asked refund your $ period.  I
prefer to sell within the US but will consider
international buyers.  I figure shipping and insurance in the US to be $7.

1) Oly 28mm f2.8 MC+ oly leather lens case and metal lens hood (hood says
28/3.5), tokina rear cap, generic haze filter and front cap..
Overall condition of lens is very nice.  Glass very clear.  Aperture blades
clean and snappy.  fstops crisp.  Mount area shows virtually
no wear.  Fine scratch 3mm or so near outside edge of front lens.  2 very fine
scratches on outside area of rear element mabye 1mm long
each -- can not see without flashlight at side angle.  Looking for $60/offer.

2) Oly 35mm f2.0 MC "user", oly rear cap and generic front cap. Glass in very
good shape, very light mark on front element visible with
flashlight only.  fstops crisp, aperture blades snappy with very faint/narrow
signs of wear/oil on ouside edges.  Filter threads show
wear, and 1 of 3 55mm filters wouldn't thread.  Light wear on mount. Aperture
ring shows wear.  Metal near outside of front element nicked
up and some sort of black paint applied.  Don't buy this if you want a pretty
lens, but optics are good.  A bargain at $150, or make an
offer..

3)  Oly 85mm SC "bargain cond", rear oly cap, generic front, Hoya sky 1B
filter.  No scratches on glass. fstops are mushy, but blades are
snappy with very minor oil/wear on extreme edges.  There's light circular mark
about 3/4 from the center on the front element.  Wear on
mount and aperture ring.  There's light to moderate dust inside.  This lens was
inspected at Photosphere and the items mentioned were
judged not needing repair/shouldn't affect usage.  Looking to recover my cost
of $165/make an offer.

4) Oly 100mm SC "almost like new" f2.8, tiffen sky1-A, oly rear cap, generic
front cap.  This is the pretty-boy of the bunch.  Except for
very light wear on part of aperture ring and some fading of the lettering, this
lens could pass as new.  Focus super-smooth, blades
pristine & snappy, fstops crisp, glass great.  A few dust specs inside when
viewed through the light.  The Olympus guy picked out the best
lens he had for me a year or so ago.  Paid $175, will sell for $145/offer.

5) I have 3 MC 2x converters: 1 Vivitar, 1 CPC, 1 Toshiba/Tosner (with box &
instructions).  All in great condition with front/rear caps
and leather cases.  $10 for the vivitar, $15 for the CPC, and $20 for the
toshiba.  I'll sell the bunch for $40 including shipping.

I'm looking for something in the 19 to 21mm range, maybe a 200/4 (MC), and any
APO/ED stuff in the 300mm+ range.

N*k*on:  Several people have asked about the other brand stuff I have:
I have a nikon series e 50mm f1.8 that's pretty much like new and a 105mm f2.5
Nippon Kogaku that looks like new (some wear/oil on
aperture blades that doesn't affect anything) available, but haven't thought
too much about a price for these.

I'm looking for a 105/2.8 nikon macro.  And a 300/2.8, but that's in the same
"maybe some day" class as an Oly 90/2.
I may be interested in some other Nikon stuff too, the only lens I have that
I'm committed to is my 180/2.8 ED.

Thanks!  I take paypal, BTW.

-Dick, dtlocke@xxxxxxxx