Re: [OM] Focusing a 28mm f/2.8 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Focusing a 28mm f/2.8 lens
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:05:27 EST
There is a focusing screen made specifically for wide angle lens, the 1-5.
The only problem is that it is a clear field screen, meaning there is no
ground glass to focus on if you don't want to use the central microprism.  I
have the 1-7 for super teles, but don't use it much because I like to have
off-center subjects and it is a little trouble to focus and pan.

If you are unsure about the focusing accuracy of your camera body, place a
ruler on a table at an angle away from you. Focus in the middle at 6 inches
or 18 for a yardstick. Use the ground glass, the split image and the
microprism and find out which works best for you. At least you will feel more
secure in the method that you are using.

Warren