Re: [OM] 35-80 zoom question

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-80 zoom question
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:18:10 -0800
I just picked up an excellent 35-80 zoom, but i have a question for others
who own this lens.

When I look into the lens when it is "wide open" (at f/2.8) I see the
diaphragm blades.  When I look into any other Zuiko lens wide open, the
blades are not visible.  If I take a 50/1.8 and stop down to f/2.8 and
press the lens depth-of-field preview button, I see the diaphragm blades in
the same manner as the 35-80 wide open.  Is this normal for this lens or
does it need to go to John H. for adjustment?  The lens seems to give the
same viewfinder readings at 50mm as the 50/1.8, so it appears to work fine,
but I stil wonder.

Steve Troy
"OM-4"ever

Yes, you do see the diaphragm blades. Normal for this lens.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA