Re: [OM] Re: Quality issues on the 600mm tele?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Quality issues on the 600mm tele?
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 10:29:12 -0500
At 3:08 PM +0100 2/9/01, Hans van Veluwen wrote:

: I'd use a rifle stock and sling
: if I wasn't worried about looking like a sniper.  0

I have a shoulder grip that lets you hold the super tele and fire the camera
just like you're holding a rifle. The grip at the end has a trigger which
connects to a special cable release which connects to the camera.
I'ld only wish the cable release would be able to fire the Motor Drive; that
would allow continuous shooting w/o moving your hands. It would not be very
difficult to build something that would transfer the mechanical cable release
movement into shortcutting an electrical cable release...

For the OM Winder (I assume the drive is the same) all you need is a subminiature
phone plug, some wire and a pushbutton switch. Plus perhaps some electrical
tape or duct tape to hold the thing together. I would guess $5 at my local
Radio Shack, but I don't know if Hans has a local Radio Shack or equivalent.

(Somewhere I have such a homebuilt beastie, although I built it for the
Winder 1, which also really would like to have a multishot timer circuit
for sequences. I built a prototype of one of those, but never made the
version that would be about 2 cm^3 for convenient use.)

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx