Re: [OM] Digital Olympus accessories/flash - anyone knowsanything?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Olympus accessories/flash - anyone knowsanything?
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 03:05:21 EST
 > Actually, the 2S and 4T have narrowed TTL ranges, at  least the viewfinder
 > info will tell you that you are OVER and UNDER exposed on a regular basis
 > with those 2 cameras.
 >
 > John  Hermanson >>

Since I was just looking into this for the 2S, I will add a little detail:
The 2S actually checks for under and overexpopsure by measuring the
integrated light level just after the end of the exposure and then activates
the signs in the viewfinder.  The limits the 2S uses are +1EV and -0.6EV.
The 2N having no microprocessor just passes through the LED indicator signal
coming from the flash, which indicates mainly if all the flash energy was
used or not. So the 2S  really gives quite a bit more information on how the
exposure went. For example if you are running close up and wide open and the
camera could not quench quickly enough, then it will show an over exposure
(>1EV).

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes