[OM] vivitar Series 1 200mm

Subject: [OM] vivitar Series 1 200mm
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 13:01:05 -0800
Hi All,

Just wanted to thank everyone who provided comments on the vivitar Series 1
200/3. Bought the lens (managed to get $15 off) - it looks as though it has
never even been mounted. Initial impressions - wow, what a beast compared
to the Zuiko 200/4 but it cradles in my hand "just right". first set of
images (quickie roll of Superia) had some tack sharp bird shots done wide
open -- smoooth bokeh, some flowers using the 4' close focus - wow, and a
couple of portrait head shots done wide open at 1 sec, tripod mounted
(light Manfrotto). The one done with cable release shows some vibration
while the one done using Oly's recommend handholding technique was tack
sharp - guess they know of what they speak - oh the body was my trusty 1976
OM-1md. This looks like a keeper for my air to air shooting although I
won't know for sure until we try it out.

Brian H, the serial on this one is 28528**, how does that compare to yours
and/ or does this give any indication of age?

Thanks
Barry H