Re: [OM] f/2 vs f/2.8-which are better?

Subject: Re: [OM] f/2 vs f/2.8-which are better?
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 20:54:44 -0800
Hi Alpinist,

You might get some dissenting opinions here, but IMHO I would stick with
the f2.8 lenses for what you want to do. The 2.8s are lighter, more
compact, and take 49 mm filters, all advantages in the field. At the
wider apertures the f2s might have a slight advantage optically, but I
have never noticed a real difference at f8-16 which is most likely what
you will be using for landscapes. I would definitely stick with the
Zuikos, and go with the slower lenses, I think you will be most happy
with the results.

--
Jim Couch
Tacoma, WA USA