Re: [OM] Nice 75-150 with buy it now

Subject: Re: [OM] Nice 75-150 with buy it now
From: "Bob Whitmire" <rlw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 08:59:53 -0500
Good a time as any to introduce myself, I guess. Bob Whitmire, living on the
coast of Maine, which is why I picked up a camera after a 20 years free of
the Tyranny of the Lens. The only camera available for pickup was my son's
abandoned OM-2N, which was a gift from relatives about eight years ago. Has
sat unused since he burned about 2 rolls of film and decided all this manual
SLR stuff was too complex for him. (He also hates computers, going against
type for his generation.) I used to shoot Nikon stuff back in the 60s and
70s, but sold it all when I started flying a newspaper editor's desk in
1980. Been pleased to shoot Happy Snappies with an Olympus point-and-shoot
for years, until a few months ago, when the desire to do some serious
snapping overwhelmed me. Started reading this list a couple weeks ago just
to gain Oly knowledge, 'cause I'm a real newbie with Zuiko, never mind the
20 years out of the game.

Which brings me to my note of, ah, thanks to Mr. Tom Scales for his recent
message mentioning a Buy It Now Zuiko 75-150 on eBay. I hit the link, looked
at the lens, and then watched someone take over my fingers and buy the
damned thing, even though I had no plans whatsoever at this time to add a
zoom to my bag, which, at the moment, houses a 50 3.5 macro, a 28 2.8, a 100
2.8 and a 200 4. Most of these I managed to acquire via trade. (I search out
and restore or otherwise deal in vintage fountain pens, and there are
fountain pen types out there with Oly gear who have quit shooting and lawsy
it's a match made in heaven.) Now I find myself subject to impulse buys, and
I fear there is something to this Zuikoholism, and I am also afraid I
already am lost, that the slippery slope is mostly above me.

Sigh.

Best regards, and, ah, thanks to Tom,

--Bob Whitmire