Re: [OM] Shutter lock up in auto mode on OM-2N

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter lock up in auto mode on OM-2N
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 14:45:29 -0500
The switch you're referring to only turns the meter movement on and off.

The "main" switch is the switch that closes when the mirror starts to go up.
You can't safely get to it from the outside of the camera. Older OM-2s have
a flat reed type switch that can chatter  while it's closing.  This
chattering alone can cause lockup.  All 2Ns and maybe some 2s have gold
plated wire  main switch that's more reliable and needs far less cleaning.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000