[OM] OT databases and programs.

Subject: [OM] OT databases and programs.
From: William Biesele <william@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 20:22:28 -0700
I've been using a similar system for years; works well if I
remember to number slides and prints when they get back from
processing.

I built a database (several actually) to track the film, subject
camera and photographer; unfortunately lost in a hard drive failure.
Toughest part wasn't programming, it was data entry. We've built up a
huge library of images and going through each one and describing it and
typing in the descriptions and such was a pain.

For those of you going down this path I believe database design is
critical. Putting all the information in and not being able to get to it
would be very frustrating; or not being able to maintain it easily.

This link gives a very good, brief description of principles to follow
when designing a database.

http://www.cba.nau.edu/morgan-j/class/subtop2_3/sld001.htm