[OM] Colour correction filters

Subject: [OM] Colour correction filters
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 18:37:41 -0800
I need to take some photos using day light negative film under both
tungsten and photolamp / hotlamp lighting.

I have an 80A filter to correct for the tungsten lighting but I do not
have an 80B filter to correct for hot lighting.

Tungsten is 3200K and photolamps are 3400K.

To what extent will an 80A filter fail to correct for photolamp
lighting? Perhaps 100f the photos will be white or up to and including
zone 3 grayness. The remaining 90% will zone 4 and beyond in terms of
shades of gray. I am photographing inanimate objects and not people.

I do not want to spend an inordinate amount of time colour correcting in
the darkroom on account of not having an 80B filter.

Should I hold off until I can get an 80B or is the difference between
the 80A and 80B filtration not all that significant?

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC