[OM] Re: Digest readers thank you Lex

Subject: [OM] Re: Digest readers thank you Lex
From: mbachofen <mbachofen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 22:07:14 -0600
Lex wrote:This is the first time I've ever complained about message quoting but
        today's example is just ridiculous.

I can't speak for all the digest readers, but this overquoting has gotten
terrible.  The file sizes become so large that the digests come much more
frequently than in the
past, and contain _less_ usable information, or interesting and humorous
anecdotes.  I take the digest, because I do not (did not) enjoy scrolling down
through emails
in Eudora waaay back when I joined the list,  '97 or '98 I can't remember.  The
digest was so enjoyable before all of these crazy formatting problems too, just
like my
own private OM magazine that I could occasionally throw a tidbit of info, or
complain about someone's usage :^) .    I recently dropped NS and Outlook for
Opera
based on what someone wrote a few digests ago (Thanks whoever it was I forgot),
so I hope I'm not contributing to the formatting problems.

That said, I love this list.  I really do, although I guess I've never posted
that.  I've missed just a few digests in the years since my first post, about
my crazy OM2n
(Thanks J.H.)   It really is tremendous to think of so many various OMers
shooting amazing photographs with these tiny little mechanical marvels.

I suppose since roughly four years have passed, I look at the list like an
Omuniversity, with it's various professors Engin. 101 Hermanson,  Photographic
Philosophy
202 Fang,  OM economics 1532 (PhD candidates only)  Scales.

Please think of us Digesters when you fire off that email with 2000 characters
quoted, which we've all just read in the prior post.  Or, better yet, sub*cribe
to it for a few
days to see what we see.

Thanks for all of you,
m. bachofen