RE: [OM] Teleconverter w/ Olympus Lenses

Subject: RE: [OM] Teleconverter w/ Olympus Lenses
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 13:30:14 -0800
A lens with an aperture (wide open) of F4, for instance will have you
shooting at say 1/60th of a second.  A lens with a larger (smaller number)
maximum aperture, say F2.8 would allow the camera to use a faster shutter
speed, perhaps 1/125th or 1/250th.  I'm sure there are others on the list
that will explain this in far greater detail and depth, but this in a
nutshell is the meaning of 'faster' lens.